Canine Good Citizen Class (5 weeks)
We'll help prepare you and your dog to take and pass the American Kennel Club's CGC test. This test is an excellent first step for service dogs, required for most therapy dog organizations, and just a great way to help mold a well-behaved pet. Ash is an AKC-approved CGC test evaluator. The test will be given when any team is ready in the last 15 minutes of class.
- Sit politely for a stranger.
- Sit politely for petting.
- Tolerate grooming and an exam.
- Supervised separation for 3 minutes.
- Sit stay for 20 feet.
- Down stay for 20 feet, and recall.
- Mild reaction to something startling.
- Loose leash walking through a course with a right turn, left turn, about turn, and halt.
- Calmly ignore another dog while owners shake hands.
- Walk calmly through a crowd of 3 people.
*All done without treats and without any type of corrective collar or harness.
Register on meetup.com/hounds-in-harmony